Dear Clients and Families,
As we are moving through the phases of reopening, my office will be re-opening starting July 27th for those seeking face-to-face therapy and psychological testing. Please note that meeting face-to-face is OPTIONAL for you and your family. If you are not comfortable or ready for in-person visits, teletherapy will always remain an option.
For those seeking in-person visits, you will have to sign a special release form before coming in for the first time since the reopening. I appreciate your understanding and willingness to help keep us safe and healthy.
I’m taking the following measures to help maintain our health and well-being:
- I will follow CDC guidelines and maintain safe distancing.
- Masks are required for everyone who enters my office. Exceptions to this rule will be made according to ExecutiveOrder 2020-147, released on July 10th. If you have forgotten your mask, disposable children’s and adult-sized masks will be available.
- Office seating in the waiting room and in the therapy office will be arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Magazines and other commonly touched items will be removed from the waiting room.
- Please text me at 248.838.9227 when you arrive and remain in your vehicle until I welcome you into the office.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained, and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be readily available in my waiting room.
- All appointments will be scheduled at staggered intervals to minimize the number of people in my waiting room at any given time.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Environmental cleaning throughout my office has been increased and the waiting room will be disinfected and sanitized daily.
- Online therapy is still available for individual and family therapy sessions for those who prefer this option.
All clients are asked to screen themselves daily using the following criteria:
- Do you have a sustained fever over 100°?
- Do you have a cough, or have you been coughing in the last three weeks?
- Are you having difficulty breathing or other respiratory issues?
- In the last 14 days, have you had close contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- Within the last 21 days, have you traveled to a state such as Texas, Arizona, California or Florida, that is experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases?
If any of the criteria above apply to you, or, if you have been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not enter my office building. Call me at (248) 838-9227 to reschedule an appointment for a later date at least 14 days from now. In-office appointments can also be changed to online therapy appointments as needed. If you think you may be sick, contact your medical doctor immediately.
I may change the above precautions if additional local, state or federal orders or guidelines are published. If that happens, I will post any necessary changes. If you are currently seeing me via teletherapy and would like to move to in-person visits, please contact me and we will plan accordingly. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. I hope you all are well and I’ll look forward to meeting with you soon.
Dr. Aguib Diop